WildcatSync is the central location for students to connect to leadership, service and involvement opportunities at Davidson College. Students are encouraged to log on regularly and explore 200 + clubs and organizations, check out what’s happening on campus and in the community, RSVP for events and more!
Here is a sampling of items listed in WildcatSync:
- Davidson Outdoors is holding their virtual groups facilitation clinics.
- Gamut Dance has posted the date of their tryouts.
- The EMERGE! Leadership Development program will launch registration on September 7.
- Many groups are having their welcome back meetings and leadership retreats like Bonner Scholars, Chidsey Fellows, PCC presidents and STRIDE.
- The Deliberative Citizenship Initiative is accepting applications for D Teams and recently selected its leadership team from returning students.
Additionally, religious and spiritual student life organizations have begun offering activities.
Organizations have posted signage around and near campus describing the group, tiny URL’s to get more information and register to receive times and Zoom links from the organization. Three options that are directly related to the Chaplain’s Office for gathering with others via Zoom are:
- Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m. – Davidson Mindfulness Meditation (a group learning the practice of mindfulness meditation apart from any religious tradition)
- Wednesdays at 5 p.m. – Weekly College Worship (a progressive, inclusive, ecumenical Christian service led by students and the college chaplain)
- Wednesdays at 7 p.m.- Davidson Dharma (a group for students exploring Buddhist teaching and meditation led by our Buddhist associate chaplain)
Students should email College Chaplain Rob Spach at email@example.com to receive the Zoom meeting links for any of these three gatherings.
Workshops and other resources are also available through the Center for Student Health and Well-Being:
- Brown Soap Box: Women of Color at a PWI – Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30 p.m., starting September 9, 2020 and ending November 4, 2020. Email Alexis Fintchre at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Survivors of Sexual Trauma Group- An 8-week therapy group for students who have experienced sexual trauma. Held virtually on Thursday evenings from 5-6:30 p.m., from September 17 – November 5. Contact Dr. Jessica Groleau at email@example.com for more information.
- Campfire Connections: An Interpersonal Skills/Process Group- Small/closed group. Date: Fridays, September 18 – November 13 (9 sessions). Time: 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. virtually on Zoom; 1:30 – 3 p.m. outside in-person. Email Susan Denny at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Grief Circle- Weekly confidential, small group experience. Contact Dr. Brunelle at email@example.com for more information.
- Koru Mindfulness Support Group- Evidence-based experiential program. Thursdays at 4 pm starting September 3 until November 5. Contact Dr. David Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- PRIDE- Virtual drop-in peer support space. Contact Jasmine Peters at email@example.com for more information.
- Davidson Life Skills Workshop Series – Stand alone workshops. Thursdays, 11 a.m. – Noon; First series starts September 3. Contact Dr. John Brunelle at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Physical Education, Campus Recreation and Wellness
Virtual and In-person physical education, recreation and wellness programs are now available. Students can register for in-person and live streamed virtual classes via the PE Registration Site. In addition to Davidson classes, students have access to hundreds of on-demand classes, including yoga, guided meditation, strength workouts, dance and more via the Davidson student SweatNET site. All students received emails on August 22 and August 28, with more information about available classes as well as the safety measures and requirements approved by the college physician.